Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews


Hand in hand for eternity

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Long Long Time Ago I was crowned


My Crown * 2
I am ashamed, no utterly guilt ridden, of not having acknowledged the jewels I carry with me as a blogger, gifted to me by some fantastically gifted bloggers themselves! Yes it was a long time ago that a traveler and a writer thought kindly enough of me to have sent generous awards my way – Jim and Sulekha crowned me Meme and Stylish Blogger respectively. I was suddenly respected in Blogosphere and people started taking notice of me.

It was time to act a little uppity, talk like I know things and pretend to have the power to judge but that did not happen – what happened instead was life. It took me by the hand and sent me on a whirlwind. I have finally managed to control the reins of this fierce force and am planning to take up all those planned actions now. Please forgive my delay Jim and Sulekha and do accept my heartfelt gratitude for the honor.

Below is the pleasurable responsibility that I should have undertaken long long time ago:

Jim this is for you:

7 Stylish Bloggers of my choosing.

1.     Tammy Bleck – I should ideally award Tammy as Funniest, the most uplifting, the most enjoyable and the most stylish blogger. But alas I am restricted by rules. If you are a blogger and haven’t read her – there is definitely something wrong with you. Common people hop on over to http://singlepast50.com/blog/ and have the most fantastic read over.

2.     Pandora Pokilos – She is as splendid a writer as can be. She in many ways makes me want to be like her. Utterly enjoyable read and a splendid cyber personality. Thanks Pandora for enriching my experience with http://peacefrompieces.blogspot.com

3.     Sonia Rumzi  - the more you read Sonia the more you want to read her. Again an inspirational writer and completely awe inspiring. I especially love her dialogue with Baba Rumcake – its a sheer joy to read her. She is at http://soniarumzi.com/

4.     Jessica Brant you do the most fantastic things with your blog. Bring knowledge to people, vent, give courage, encourage, inspire and keep us going. You are fabulous and although I wanted to do this for the longest time ever – You are a stylish blogger for me – You are fantastic. Dear Readers if you haven’t already been to Jessica’s blog she is at http://findingonesway.com. You will love to share her journey and that’s a promise!

5.     Basabdatta Dasgupta really has panache and the most interesting topics in her blog. I came across her recently and kept wondering why was it so recent? Why wasn’t I reading her all this while? Why doesn’t she write more often? She is a must visit at http://basabs.blogspot.com

6.     Mari Sterling Wilbur at http://mariscamera.blogspot.com will fill your senses with color, style and beauty. She has the capability of making an artist out of a horse and she will prove it to you in her blog. A must must visit and a definite follow.

7.     Sukanya Bora enthralls me. She is a classic writer and can make the simplest of incidents the most intriguing. A dream can become a intricately woven story that will make you ponder all day. For me she is a cherished treasure that I intend to keep in safekeeping. She is at http://sukanyabora.wordpress.com/

And now for the Meme Awards. I do have to answer the following questions as per procedure. I promise to make it quick

1. If you could go back in time to relive one moment, what would it be?
The day I won my first pitch for an account

2. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Nothing

3. What movie or TV character do you think you resemble most in personality?
 Kristin Davis in Sex and the City

4. Which TV or movie character would you like to be?
Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean
  
5. If you could push one person in the whole world off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?
A surgeon whose careless mistake killed a friend

6. Name one habit you want to change in yourself.
Being Moody

7. Describe yourself in one word.
Unpredictable

8. Describe the person who named you in this MEME in one word.
 Enigmatic

9. Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence.
I enjoy it
 
10. Name at least 3 people or more to send this MEME, and then inform them.

1.    Jim Brandano
2.    Anna L Walls


To the Awardees -  if you are named here and have already been awarded these awards (and you find yourself gritting your teeth instead of smiling ear to ear) - please accept my apologies for repeating the honor. I do relieve you of the procedural responsibilities of being awarded if you do not want to take it up. I hope you will still love me : )

31 comments:

  1. Bloody Oath I'll accept it again LOL Gee thanks mate!

    Now where will I put it?

    You are great Kriti as many of these fine Blogs are.

    Where's my wine?

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Kriti You deserve all awards. I have missed seeing you out here. I actually have been awarded twice lol. I will try to get to the obligations.Honest!!!

    Jim
    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/05/snowy-egrets-or-bad-hair-day-egret.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alejandro -

    I will go check some of the blogs you mention above. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation Kriti, you are a great writer and you deserve as many awards as possible! An excellent choice of stylish bloggers, except for Tammy and Sonia I am familiar with the rest. Congratulations all of you, especially Sukanya. She is a rare gem. Jim, Alejandro and Anna, congratulation for being tagged in Meme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Kriti. I'm always so astonished to receive these awards, and I am so very honored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my wonderfully unpredictable moody Kriti. So loved the honorable mention.It is an honor to be in your top 7.The feeling is mutual.Always love your posts and as a kindness to the world,I share them freely.
    Am unfamiliar with the other bloggers ... that changes today.
    Is there a fat check along with this honor? Kidding. Just kidding. But if you want my address..let me know. Haaa! Look forward to next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the mention Kriti- and I see you are passing on the award to some really good bloggers, and a few I need to also check out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I accept with pleasure. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Kriti, you deserve them. I am sure these honors will encourage you to work harder. The other side of an award is greater responsibility. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations dear Kriti! It was the same with me: when I was crowned I kept procrastinating until… it was nearly 3 months later when I finally got on the ball and said my thanks. Life happens and sometimes we just can’t get around to everything we mean to do. Keep up the grand work! ~ Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  11. You deserve it more than anyone else I know...and no I'm not prejudiced :) Loved your post and congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kriti I am now familiar with the other bloggers but you are right on about Tammy Bleck! She's so fantastic! Congrats! I will make time to learn more about the other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops I meant not familiar with the other bloggers but I guess I can say that 'now' I am...ummm!It's always a pleasure stopping by your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you all , everyone mentioned here are truly gifted and talented bloggers I bow to thee all Congrats you all deserve it and Kriti you wear the crown so well. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kriti,congrats on your awards - you totally deserve them. Really nice! Congrats to all the winners - I have read the work of some of these bloggers (including Sukanya who also wrote such a powerful piece on Lassi with Lavina about the sexual abuse of children) - I am intrigued enough to check out all of them. Thanks for the links Kriti!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can just see you as Captain Jack Sparrow! lol
    Well deserved and you're still as humble as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Make room on your brand new shelf for more awards and trophies, my gifted friend. Congrats to you and all the bloggers you have awarded, each one is a gem of a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kriti,

    Ummmmmmmmmm, Ummmmmmmmmmm, So here I am sitting playing catch up when I see that You have honored me with a reward. For some reason I do not feel worthy of this award but I am thrilled that you have given this to me. I love you from the bottom of my heart my Indian Princess and Tapas tooooooooo..

    xoxo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  19. @A - your wine is right here waiting for you. Chose for you since you were not here to order. I am here with the wine but where are you????

    @Jim, like I said I relieve you of your responsibilities if you don't want to do it again. But I just couldn't resist the temptation - You are fabulous!

    @Bjbohls - this is actually my blog - LOL. But please do check out Alejandro - he is fantastic

    @Rimly, Tammy and Sonia are amazing writers - a must must visit. Sukanya really is a gem. Thanks a ton for coming by - I had to grit my teeth for not being able to award you since I know you have been awarded so many times already. You may have hated me for it if I did.

    @ Anna you deserve them! Thanks a ton for your comment.

    @ Tammy - Well may be the fat check will come in 2-3 years if things go according to plan. I have something up my sleeve and your hilarity is just the thing that may compliment it.

    @Jim - thank you so very much again

    @Tapas - yes I will remember that. These awards are actually more yours than mine but no one needs to know that just as yet - : )))

    @ Sonia - thank you!

    @Debra - I am thrilled to have found a partner in you. Thanks a ton for your comment and encouragement

    @Swati - thank you darling. Means a lot coming from you.

    @N'na - typo - no problem at all : ))) I am the typo queen.

    @Angel Eyes - thank you thank you thank you! You are the best!

    @Lavina - thank you so much for all your encouragement. Means a lot to me!

    @Lucy - LOL. Not really humble : )))

    @ Mitr - at last - I love you! Making sapce now : )))

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Sandy - thanks a ton!

    @Jess - I thought you would never show up : (((. You deserve every bit of the award and don't you dare think otherwise you fabulous woman!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kriti. Finally, made it here! Been having an absolutely cranky Internet connection. A very big thank you for the award. Love the way it was worded. And whatever life has recently thrown in your path, I wish you blessings and happiness. Much love always - Dora.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Dora - its so great to finally see you. One of my most favorite writer. Thanks a ton for dropping by and congrats! Look forward to visiting your blog soon and reading some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to you for when you received the award & congrats too to all whom you have given the award.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi mate, a splendid award for a splendid lady with a splendid blog, how splendid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww Charles - you are even more splendid than all the splendids put together in your comment : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kriti, congratulations on receiving more well deserved recognition for your blog! You've reminded me that I need to do some housekeeping of my own with some recent awards to my blog. Time can slip away so quickly, and even with the best of intentions, I forget to do updates and thanks on my blog. *sigh* There are never enough hours in the day, it seems. At any rate, I, too, am always delighted when someone recognizes my writing - that's why we write, yes? To share our thoughts and hope to touch other hearts in the process. Keep up the good work!

    ~ Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your blog Dawn - thanks for coming by - your blog is delightful too. Yes time is the most difficult time to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Kriti -
    Goshhhhhh HOW DID I DO THAT??? I'm so stupid! So sorry. :)

    https://charlienitric.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete